There are many tools, tips, and resources I use regularly to keep my business alive and my inspiration flowing. Listed below are my favorites. Note that resources marked with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. Enjoy!
- 50 Shades of Black Stock: A much-needed racially inclusive shop of stock images.
- Buffer: A powerful way to create, organize, and schedule every social media post.
- ClickUp: A free, seamless online project management.
- Creative Market*: Everything you need to build your brand.
- Calendly: A simple, beautiful appointment scheduling app.
- Canva: Design and customize all the visuals for your brand.
- Dubsado*: The best client management system around.
- Ellevest: Invest like a woman. Because money is power.
- Grammarly: Never worry about poor grammar and spelling again.
- Language Tool: Check your English. It's Grammarly for international clients.
- Linktree: Do more with your Instagram link.
- Mailchimp: Easy, fast, and gorgeous email marketing.
- Noisli: Your new noise-canceling headphones. So-to-speak.
- Planoly*: Instagram's official planning partner.
- Squarespace: Need I say more? "Build it beautiful."
- TermsFeed: Your one-stop-shop for creating site basic terms and policies you need to operate online.
- Unsplash: All the stock photos you will ever need.
- #CreateLounge: Tap Into Your Creativity: Join an inspiring community of creative entrepreneurs.
- Creative Class: Longtime freelance writers Kaleigh Moore and Paul Jarvis talk about all things related to the business of freelancing.
- The Creative Leap: Take a deep dive into the why behind small business owners' big creative leaps.
- The Great Discontent: Hear from creative experts in fields like photography, publishing, graphic design, visual art, film, and music.
- Make It Happen: A Podcast by Jen Carrington: Revive every creative bone in your business.
- Skimm'd From The Couch: Hear from powerful female leaders to sit down for an inside look at what it’s really like on the road to success. No BS, no sugarcoating.
- Women and Hollywood: Listen to conversations with high profile women in and around Hollywood.
- Birdy: A little birdy in Denver shared this with me and its purely artistic mission holds true.
- Bitch Magazine: Your one-stop shop for feminist empowerment in a media-centric world.
- The Great Discontent: Writing, interviewing, and fighting for creative insight in the business of creatives.
- Little White Lies: Brilliant film criticism from young London creatives.
- Creative Mornings: Join a worldwide creative business community and connect in person with local talks and events every month.
- The Newsette*: Sign up for a daily dish of pop culture paired with bite-size exclusive interviews with female entrepreneur idols.
- The Skimm*: Sign up for my favorite morning newsletter. Pairs well with coffee. I mean, if it's good enough for Oprah, Trevor Noah, and Shonda Rhimes, it's good enough for me!